All tax forms, instructional pamphlets.
- 1040 Central: What's new this filing season.
- Frequently asked questions and tips.
- A link to "El IRS en Espanol." with tax information, publications and forms in Spanish.
- Check the status of your refund.
- Use calculators to determine if you're eligible for the earned-income credit or if you might be subject to the alternative minimum tax.
- Verify whether an organization is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
Phone (recorded answers) 1-800-829-4477
- Tele-Tax covers more than 150 topics of common confusion, in English & Spnaish, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays. 1-800-829-1040
- Tax forms and publications: 1-800-829-3676
- Check status of your refund (recorded): 1-800-829-1954
- Help with small-business returns (live person): 1-800-829-4933
- Help with disaster victims and taxplayers serving in a combat zone: 1-866-562-5227
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate: 1-877-777-4778
Free Tax Conseling
- Federal and state tax officials train volunteers to provide free help preparing returns for low-income, disabled, elderly or non-English-speaking taxpayers. To find a site:
- Dial 211, the free new national service for nonemergency questions about community information. Or see 211scc.org for a list of sites, hours and languages that volunteers speak.
- See www.aarp.org and search for "Tax-Aide" or call 1-888-227-7669.
- Internal Revenue Service: 1-800-906-9887
Paying with Plastic
Accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa for federal taxes.
Accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa.